God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

Saturday, March 04, 2006

No one really blogs anymore.

I've been thinking about our youth group. Dunno why, but this year it seems really awesome- that's definately a good thing. Everyone seems to hang out with a bunch of people, I got to know a bunch of different people, and there are so many more people coming now. Josh said we had a record number this past week or past few weeks at SNL. I love how one person can bring a friend then that friend ends up coming back every week and brings their friends, and pretty soon there are tons of people. The Nooma movies we've been watching are pretty good- Rob Bell is one cool guy. Not really sure how i feel about the family groups, but they seem alright for the most part I guess. I'm just glad that SNL is going so well, and people seem to be having a good time. We have, THE BEST youth minister ever. If it wasn't for josh.. would our youth group still be this awesome? I vote that it would not.

I was on the phone with a friend last night, and we were talking about how it's the youth group trips that brings people so close together, because we get that time to spend with each other. Like CIY, Chile (trips and mission trips)- those were such amazing experiences to share with each other. I know trips cost money, but we should really have another (smaller) trip before CIY. We should do like a youth group retreat or something and just hang out and get to know each other and have some awesome youth fellowship. I know a lot of the kids at youth group, but there are also a lot that I don't know. Just a thought. Plus those kinda things get you thinking more about God, which is always a good thing. Too bad not everyone likes camp grow (and it's kinda far away). They're actually building new cabins for that kind of thing, like the ski trip hotel thing.

Anyway, that was just on my mind. I think youth group trips are pretty much sweet. If it's not possible, I understand. But Josh, you should look into it ;) ;)

By the way, I know that nothing I said above will really influece much, which is cool cuz it's just a blog, but what do you guys think about the whole people getting closer on trips and how much do you love them? I'm just curious about your opinions.

Comment away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home