God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

Sunday, May 14, 2006

There are so many things in this life to be incredibly thankful for, it's impossible to count them. It would be so easy to wake up daily and just ask God why certain things happen or certain things are the way they are. We could tell God that it's not fair, or that it's not right. God is God, and he knows what he's doing. It's really hard to understand that sometimes I think. But look around- look at all the amazing things God has blessed us with. No matter HOW crappy anything could ever be here on earth, at school, at home, with friends, with family, with anything- no matter how awful all of that might seem sometimes, there are still always going to be things to smile about. If our family is crappy- at least we have a family.

So many times I get upset with my dad and i've even asked myself why I have to deal with him - but I have a dad. I know so many people who don't even know who their dad is and they'd rather have one they fight with a lot then not have one at all. And I love my dad, no matter what happens.

At least we have houses to live in, so many people around the world just live on the street.

At least we have someone in our lives who loves us, even if we think we don't. We never have to be alone, and we never have to do things on our own. God is always with us, always helping us even if it's not the way we want him to. But he knows what he's doing, and he's always right. The love that we receive (and have received) from him is so amazing no one else's love could ever compare to it. Jesus DIED for us, God gave up his only Son, for US.

That is love.

Those are the big things. We could be thankful for the little things too, like the sun shining down on us, like pillows on our bed, like the birds in the sky. Just be thankful for life, cuz you only get one in this world. Might as well live it and love it.

:)

1 Comments:

Blogger Mandy said...

thanx for the reminder!

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home