God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

Saturday, April 09, 2005

I wrote this last night but the server was down.

Can't wait til tomorrow when we get to go back up to camp for an LDC reunion, i'm gonna see Dave Kevin Barb Nick and PAUL! I miss it so much but only about 2 1/2 more months til we get to be there for camp itself. I feel like making this a public statement: I'm tired of hearing people give us crap about camp, cuz i dunno about mandy sarah cheryl or michelle-cuz i'm not them, but i never said camp was better than C.I.Y. or anything rather.. I said it's awesome and i think it's amazing. And i didn't argue or force that point, I don't plan on it. Yeah I think it's a really cool experience, here's why: I didn't have a strong faith at all before i went there. i've seen 5 or 6 people I know personally come to Christ because of it, 4 of them really close friends. When i got there, i felt this really strong feeling around that i've never felt so strong, it's like you can feel God so strongly it's unbelievable. The love there is so strong. All the staff are really cool and they love the campers and each other, and they've got this burning passion for Christ that rubs off. I can't say there has never been a bad egg or anything, but majority of the people there are really nice and they wanna be friends and i made a ton of friends that i still see and talk to often. It's not boring theres a bunch of stuff to do, like swim, waterski, go tubing, drama or music, frisee golf, sports, canoeing on this OTHER cool lake... a bunch more stuff. I know it's no convention but i love the worship there. We go to campfire after dinner in the evening/night. When everyone's singing it sounds so awesome, and you can feel that somethings happening-especially friday night when we go to spring lake with the cross and stuff. That night just has so much emotion-not the drama kind of emotion, the feeling God so strongly kind. The people in cabins dont just share a room.. they get to know each other and share things with each other in the cabin discussions. I've come to the conclusion that theres no way to describe it, it's just one of those things you'll never understand unless you go there. I'm going to C.I.Y. this summer and I already know it's gonna rock and i haven't even been there yet. I've heard stories but I'm one of those people who doesn't judge based off other peoples experiences. BUT, i STILL know it's gonna rock. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home