God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Ah, God

On the way home tonight I was listening, as I often do, to Hillsong. For some reason though this song came on when I had some particular people on my mind..

Hide me now, under your wings
cover me, within your mighty hands

When the oceans rise and thunders roar
I will soar with You, above the storm
Father you are king above the flood
and I will be still and know You are God

Find rest my soul, in Christ alone
Know his power, in quietness and trust

and I just kept on thinking and thinking. It's so easy sometimes not to trust God when things are hard. I sponsored a jr high believe this weekend and one of the things our group talked about was silence, about how often it is the stillness where God moves in us and speaks to us the most. quietness and trust.. it seems so simple but its hard. Only in Jesus..

What IS it about stillness?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home